Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Andrew Conner's first day on the job


You know the drill. You walk into a new work environment with a million questions racing through your mind. You want to make a good impression. You know few, if any, people with whom you will be working. Do you have e-mail? How does the phone service work?


Andrew Conner probably experienced some of those symptoms Monday, Nov. 29, when he came to work for the first time as Director, Sisters of Providence Programming and Hospitality. He'll be based in Providence Center, the Congregation's official welcoming place.


"It has been a wonderful reception. Everyone has been very warm and welcoming. I can sense an enthusiasm and eagerness among the sisters and staff for the exciting future ahead of us," Andrew said, reflecting on his first day. "Everything was ready and waiting: computer, phone, business card. There was a lovely plant on my desk to welcome me. I feel very fortunate to be here."


He didn't have long to wait before his first experience of a large tour group. On his second day, a group of 106 visitors from the Archdiocese of Indianapolis visited Saint Mary-of-the-Woods as part of a pilgrimage.


"Even in my eagerness to begin work on new ideas and projects, I am working to temper that with a thorough examination of the traditions and strong foundation in place. My heart soars when I think of coming to work here each day, and I thank God for bringing me here," Andrew said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment