Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January: How time flies


Say it isn't so.

Was it really 10 years ago this month that Phil McCord walked into the Church of the Immaculate Conception to ask Saint Mother Theodore Guerin to help him to find the courage to proceed with a cornea transplant?

Yes.

Was it really five years ago this month that the Congregation's Canonization Communications Committee met for the second time as it discussed ideas, priorities and strategies for informing various publics, as well as the media, about the anticipated announcement of canonization for Saint Mother Theodore Guerin?

Yes.

So, now you know that come October 15, the Sisters of Providence will celebrate the fifth anniversary of their foundress' canonization. Is it time for that already?

Yes.

So, keep checking on us. We'll give you a little monthly reminder about what was happening five years ago this year as the Sisters of Providence waited excitedly for the news to come from the Vatican, then celebrated as Saint Mother Theodore was canonized.

3 comments:

Monica Hayden said...

I finally found the connection! People at Orientation last August were wondering why I chose to become a Providence Associate without any previous connection to the Congregation--I live In Georgia, have never lived anywhere near St. Mary of the Woods, don't have anybody in my circle of family or friends associated with the Sisters, never attended school there, didn't even know anybody in Indiana--but yet, last year I felt the need to get involved, I felt the call. And now I know why: October 15! That's my birthday. And I'm excited to realize that it is also the anniversary of Saint Mother Theodore Guerin's canonization. Funny how God works; and certainly mysterious!

Rosie, alumnae relations and annual giving manager said...

Neat story, Monica! Thanks for sharing.

Dave, media relations manager said...

I agree, Monica. After reading your comments, I sense your energy and enthusiasm. Sometimes, our connections are hard for us to see, but they are made known to us at the appropriate time. We hope you enjoy your journey!

Post a Comment