Tuesday, January 18, 2011

She has music in her soul

“I was told I began singing when I was 14 months old. My mother was a wonderful singer, and I swear she taught me before I was born,” shares Providence Associate Mary Ellen Fox of Tulsa, Okla.

Educated by women religious throughout her primary and secondary education, it was the Sisters of Providence who made a lasting impression on Mary Ellen, a generous donor to the Congregation. These were the women who helped shape her life.

Another important part of Mary Ellen’s life is music. It was at the University of Tulsa where she studied business that she discovered a whole new world in music. Music allowed her to sing before thousands of people and travel throughout the country and world. Music has also been an important part of her faith journey.

To read the entire story about Mary Ellen, click here. Her story appeared in the latest issue of HOPE magazine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment