Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Join Alice Shelton’s online radio audience

Providence Associate Alice Shelton has been a co-host of the weekly blog talk radio show, “Open Book,” since November 2010. Each week she and Lori Harris Strawn host a 15-minute show that discusses spirituality through novels, poetry and other literature. Why did Alice agree to this venture?

“When Lori emailed me initially about this [show], I responded yes to her request. I was in a place in my own life where I felt that I needed something consistent and reliable each week, outside of Mass attendance, to help maintain Christian accountability and spiritual growth. Her email came at a time in my life where it felt like an answered prayer,” said Alice, a Providence Associate from Indianapolis and a 1987 graduate of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College.

Alice continued, “I think that both of us tend toward trying to find things that are not mainstream and that will challenge our thinking some. We also try very hard to not limit our discussion to ‘Catholic’ stuff, but we do know that our bias naturally comes through. While we mostly agree on things, there have been times when our discussion brought to light a point of disagreement. Those times are most interesting — in part because it makes the dialogue more lively and in part because it has deepened our friendship and helped us learn new things about one another.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment