Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dwell with wisdom

Today’s Scripture reading is from the book of Wisdom – lyrical and poetic. Listen with your heart!

And she [Wisdom] produces friends of God and prophets; For there is naught God loves be it one who dwells with Wisdom. (Wisdom 7:27)

How do I dwell with Wisdom – in order to be a friend of God? Here are some of the adjectives the same Scripture reading lists to describe Wisdom: “intelligent, holy, unique, manifold, subtle, agile, clear, unstained, not baneful, loving the good, keen, unhampered, beneficent, kindly … pure and very subtle.”

So pick an adjective, any adjective – and turn it into an adverb – live in the manner of the word you choose! Which one will I choose? Before I choose, I have to go look up “baneful” in the dictionary! Let me know yours …

0 comments:

Post a Comment