Wednesday, March 9, 2011

‘Falling into the arms of Providence’

Jenny Nowalk of Culver, Ind., became a Providence Associate two years ago. As she went through her candidacy process she shared her journey with her husband, Bob. Bob became intrigued and also desired a fuller understanding of Providence spirituality.

“As [Jenny] began her year of discernment, I was beginning my last year in active ministry as the Catholic liaison to the 270+ Catholic students of the Culver Academies. I had held this position for 12 years and had acted as catechist, ministry trainer and sacristan. Prayer had led me to discern that God would allow me to lay fallow for a year before giving me an inkling of what would come next,” said Bob.

“As Jenny began her year as a Providence Associate, I became Bob in the pew, one of the many who gather each week to fill the church with the collective yearning for the transcendent presence of Christ. In many respects Jenny’s journey was in my awareness as my prayer for her focused on what she was doing. I read some of the materials, the Litany of Non-Violence and ‘A Woman for All Time’ and, within a year, I found myself yearning to join her free-fall into the arms of Providence,” shared Bob.

To learn more about Bog and his “free-fall” into Providence, click here. To learn more about Providence Associates, visit here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment