Sunday, March 6, 2011

Jennie Bear: becoming a friend to the Congregation

“I first met three Sisters of Providence in 1994 when they delivered a grant proposal to my office at the Indiana Department of Education. Sisters Barbara Ann Zeller, Joanne Cullins, and Eugene Francis Keaveney were happy and upbeat. Their proposal was selected for funding, and I worked with them for the next 10 years, receiving reports, approving expenses, and evaluating their adult education program. …

“One day when I was at the Woods to evaluate the adult education program, these … women and I went to lunch. … I was in awe of this group of women who do what they love and love what they do, who live their faith through action every day of their lives. In time, I felt more a friend to them than a funding source,” says Jennie Bear, a Providence Candidate-Associate from Reno, Nev.

Jennie, who is being companioned by Providence Associate Linda McMahon of San Clemente, Calif., is about half way through her year of candidacy. In a recent interview, Jennie shares a little about her own story and why she wants to become a Providence Associate. Click here to learn more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment